The BYU Career Fair will take place in the Wilkinson Student Center Ballroom. This fair is focusing on ALL MAJORS, but primarily on non-STEM majors. We are excited for you to attend and prepare to meet with companies that are targeting your major.
Review this information to make the most of your fair experience!
Just a few reminders to make the most of your experience with potential employers.
- Preparation: Take time to research the companies you are most interested in.
- Pitch: We recommend preparing an 'elevator pitch'. This 30-second pitch is to introduce yourself to recruiters, focusing on your background, skills, interests and goals.
- Practice: Practice dialogue with friends or family.
- Have copies of your resume as some recruiters still like a hard copy.
- Post-fair: Follow-up with the recruiters you connected with.
The fair will also be hosting a Student Support Lounge, a place where students attending the fair can relax with refreshments, and get a professional headshot and shoe shine. Make sure to check it out when attending the fair!
Career Services strives to make the fairs accessible to attendees with disabilities. Please contact the Event Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tyler Briggs (email@example.com) at least three weeks prior to each fair that you plan to attend to discuss your accommodative needs.
How to Navigate the Career Fair