The Career Fair will require all attendees, including students, to present proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to gain access to the fair as per latest Covid-19 update: https://www.byu.edu/coronavirus/.
Please plan ahead making sure the Covid-19 test has been administered within 72 hours of this fair. We recommend you would make an appointment as soon as possible with the BYU Health center for quickest results (usually 1 day). If the appointments are full, you may also make an appointment at testutah.com (which may take a couple of days for results). The closest Test Utah site is located in the parking lot west of the BYU stadium. At home Covid-19 test will not be accepted.
The BYU STEM Career Fair will be held in the Ballroom of the Wilkinson Student Center. The focus of this fair is to connect employers with students in the following disciplines:
Technology & Engineering Studies
As well as the following math and data-related disciplines:
Applied & Computational Mathematics
Just a few reminders to make the most of your experience with potential employers.
- Preparation: Take time to research the companies you are most interested in.
- Pitch: We recommend preparing an 'elevator pitch'. This 30-second pitch is to introduce yourself to recruiters, focusing on your background, skills, interests and goals.
- Practice: Practice dialogue with friends or family.
- Have copies of your resume as some recruiters still like a hard copy.
- Post-fair: Follow-up with the recruiters you connected with.
Early Access Hour: 9am-10am
If you are a student with a disability or graduate student, come network in a less crowded environment.
Career Services strives to make the fairs accessible to attendees with disabilities. Please contact Beth Hiatt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tyler Briggs (email@example.com) at least three weeks prior to each fair that you plan to attend to discuss your accommodative needs.